This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information
Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake….mmmmm
Yummy. Just the smell of the batter is divine. Orange juice, zest and the beautiful look of chopped, fresh cranberries. Cranberry Orange coffee Cake is a wonderful treat. I think it spells fall. I love the season of Thanksgiving and the food that surrounds it. Not that it’s all about the food, but it kinda’ is. Follow the simple directions and enjoy your Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake!
I try to turn my thoughts inward and think of the things I’m grateful for.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ and a loving and wise Heavenly Father
- Blessing that need to be counted, written down.
- Talents and Creativity….I could go on and on (and I will in my journal)
Take a few minutes, or longer this season to count your blessings, ponder what they are. Write them down in a journal to refer back to them again and again. It puts you on a track to being grateful and thinking of others. Gather your family and friends around and let them know how much you love them.
And make some Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake. Enjoy it, savor it and share it. (p.s….it also freezes really well and can be made in loaf form, but it’s really pretty in a round springform pan)
It’s an easy recipe but there are steps to follow that each take a little bit of time. Read through it and get everything ready before you assemble. You will need a 9″ springform pan
The following pictures walk you through the pan preparation:
The pictures below help with the next steps:
Here’s the directions through pictures:
And….the beautiful, delicious, lovely…Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake.
Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake
A rich, delicious sweet cake with a hint of orange and beautiful red cranberries throughout.
- 2 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 Cup Orange Juice
- 1/4 Cup Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 2 Cups Fresh Cranberries (roughly chopped)
- 2 TBSP Orange Zest
Cream Cheese Layer
- 8 oz Cream Cheese (250 g)
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Crumb Topping Layer
- 3/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Butter (firm but not too hard)
- In a large bowl mix together dry ingredients. In a smaller bow, melt the butter and then add the orange juice, vanilla and egg, mixing it up to beat the egg. Add to the dry ingredients, mixing gently. Fold in chopped cranberries and orange zest
Cream Cheese Layer
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth and creamy
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar and butter, mixing with your hands until it reaches a crumb texture.
- Grease and flour a 9″ springform pan. Cut a sheet of parchment paper in a circle and fit into the bottom of the pan
Add the cake mixture and smooth in bottom of the pan
Add the cream cheese mixture and smooth over the cake
Add the crumb layer, gently sprinkling it over the cream cheese making it as even as you can
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Place a baking sheet on the rack below where the cake will bake (sometimes springform pans may leak) Place Cake in oven and bake for 65-75 minutes. Let cool on wire rack for 20 minutes and carefully remove springform pan. It can be done in 2 loaf pans (or 6 small ones)
Want to remember this? Post Cranberry Orange Coffee Cake to your favorite Pinterest board!