This post contains affiliate links. Please read my Disclaimer for more information
Pizza Sticks made from the Pizza Dough recipe….
I used to make these all the time when my boys were teenagers because
- they were never full
- they always wanted me to get Crazy Bread from Little Caesars and I was too cheap (okay I said it)
They’re super easy to make and if you’re making my recipe for pizza dough, it makes enough for 2 large pizzas so make a pizza and breadsticks, you won’t regret it. I love them with a side of pizza sauce.
- Make a batch of my easy pizza dough
- 1/2 Cup melted butter
- 1 TBSP garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (can be shredded, shaved or even that shake stuff)
- Parchment Lined Cookie Sheet
- Pizza sauce for dipping (optional)
- If you’re making a pizza as well, divide the dough in half
- Lightly spray the counter with spray oil and roll out the dough to a loose rectangle
- Transfer it to a parchment lined cookie sheet. Press it out a bit more.
- Using a pizza cutter, lightly cut the dough in strips, careful not to cut all the way through. It’s okay if you do because it will rise a little bit.
- Add spices to the melted butter and using half the butter, brush over the breadsticks
- In a preheated 420 oven, slide the breadsticks in to bake. Check them after 10 minutes. If they are lightly brown (see picture) take them out
- With a pizza cutter, cut the breadsticks all the way through
- Brush with the butter mixture and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
- Bake for another 5 minutes (until the parmesan is bubbly)
- Remove from oven, and enjoy with a little pizza sauce for dipping!