This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about them, read my Disclaimer.
How to make Marvelous Mushroom Pizza
I have never made just a “mushroom” pizza before, just mushrooms. Not other toppings that crowd them out. They make a nice garlicky taste just on their own, adding a bit of cheese (well a lot of cheese) and start with the best pizza dough recipe. That’s how to make marvelous mushroom pizza.
I’ve been making a lot of pizza’s lately and have had fun trying new topping combo’s that I haven’t had before; Chicken Bacon Pesto Calzone; Shrimp Scampi Flatbread, and Jalapeño Popper Pizza, just to name a few. As I’ve said, I could probably have some kind of pizza or flatbread almost everyday. Sometimes a couple of pieces of a small flatbread is enough to give you a fun taste, but not overfill you with carbs. Well, let me introduce to to Marvelous Mushroom Pizza (kind of sounds like Billy Crystal back in 1985 with “you look marvelous”)
- Best pizza dough (about 1/2 recipe…put the rest in the fridge)
- I large package of sliced Crimini Mushrooms (about 16oz) These are just the white mushrooms that most stores carry. You are welcome to use other kinds as well.
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella cheese (I buy it block style and shred it myself; it melts better)
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 8 garlic pieces, peeled and smashed. You could use diced garlic from a jar; about 2 tsp
- 1/3 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Alfredo Sauce or other white garlic sauce
- Pizza Stone or Pizza Pan
- Parchment Paper (if using a pizza stone)
- Preheat oven to 550° if using a pizza stone or 430° if using a pizza pan
- Make a batch of the best pizza dough
- Sauté mushrooms with lots of garlic and butter in a large frypan
- Roll pizza dough on parchment paper or on lightly oiled countertop and transfer it to pizza pan or parchment paper (if using a stone)
- Spread Alfredo sauce and ricotta cheese over the dough. You can mix it while you spread or mix in a small bowl and spread after.
- Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese over the sauce
- Place sautéed mushrooms over the cheese. You will want to do this a little at a time to get good coverage.
- Slide into the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes if using a pizza stone and 18-20 minutes if using a pizza pan. Use your own preference for whether your pizza is done. I like the crust crisper and sometimes will stick the pizza back in the oven to crisp up after I take a first piece.
Enjoy! If you make this, send me a picture or a comment! If you really loved it, please pin and share!
If you liked this post, please pin and share!
Want to remember this? Post How to make Marvelous Mushroom Pizza to your favorite Pinterest board!
Latest posts by Homemade by cheryl (see all)
- 15 Meals to make from Grilled Chicken - July 17, 2019
- PRIME DAY DEALS FOR GALS (and guys) THAT COOK AND CRAFT - July 15, 2019
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - July 12, 2019