This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about them, read my Disclaimer.
How to make Marvelous Mushroom Pizza
I have never made just a “mushroom” pizza before, just mushrooms. Not other toppings that crowd them out. They make a nice garlicky taste just on their own, adding a bit of cheese (well a lot of cheese) and start with the best pizza dough recipe. That’s how to make marvelous mushroom pizza.
I’ve been making a lot of pizza’s lately and have had fun trying new topping combo’s that I haven’t had before; Chicken Bacon Pesto Calzone; Shrimp Scampi Flatbread, and Jalapeño Popper Pizza, just to name a few. As I’ve said, I could probably have some kind of pizza or flatbread almost everyday. Sometimes a couple of pieces of a small flatbread is enough to give you a fun taste, but not overfill you with carbs. Well, let me introduce to to Marvelous Mushroom Pizza (kind of sounds like Billy Crystal back in 1985 with “you look marvelous”)
- Best pizza dough (about 1/2 recipe…put the rest in the fridge)
- I large package of sliced Crimini Mushrooms (about 16oz) These are just the white mushrooms that most stores carry. You are welcome to use other kinds as well.
- 2 Cups of Mozzarella cheese (I buy it block style and shred it myself; it melts better)
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 8 garlic pieces, peeled and smashed. You could use diced garlic from a jar; about 2 tsp
- 1/3 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/3 Cup of Alfredo Sauce or other white garlic sauce
- Pizza Stone or Pizza Pan
- Parchment Paper (if using a pizza stone)
- Preheat oven to 550° if using a pizza stone or 430° if using a pizza pan
- Make a batch of the best pizza dough
- Sauté mushrooms with lots of garlic and butter in a large frypan
- Roll pizza dough on parchment paper or on lightly oiled countertop and transfer it to pizza pan or parchment paper (if using a stone)
- Spread Alfredo sauce and ricotta cheese over the dough. You can mix it while you spread or mix in a small bowl and spread after.
- Sprinkle shredded Mozzarella cheese over the sauce
- Place sautéed mushrooms over the cheese. You will want to do this a little at a time to get good coverage.
- Slide into the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes if using a pizza stone and 18-20 minutes if using a pizza pan. Use your own preference for whether your pizza is done. I like the crust crisper and sometimes will stick the pizza back in the oven to crisp up after I take a first piece.
Enjoy! If you make this, send me a picture or a comment! If you really loved it, please pin and share!