This post contains affiliates. For more information please read my Disclaimer.
How to Make Stuffed Crust Meat Lovers Pizza
That’s a lot of information in a statement. How to make stuffed crust meat lovers pizza. There’s a lot of people out there who love a good meat lover’s pizza. Well, dial it up to the next level because it’s stuffed crust and lots of meat and it all starts with the best pizza dough recipe.
If you feed them they will come….
You might think all I do is think about pizza. Lately, that would be partially true. I’ve traveled a lot of road in my memories thinking about all the pizzas I’ve made over the years. One of the dreams I had growing up was wanting to have a home that my kids would want to bring their friends, especially as teenagers. I always figured you knew where they were and what they were doing. With teenage boys if you feed them they will come and that was usually the case.
A lifetime ago I would say to my teenage sons “I’m making pizza tonight” and they’d call their friends to come over. It was such a fun time and we made a lot of pizza (and they ate a lot of pizza). When my youngest son was leaving on his 2 year mission, I asked what he wanted me to make. He said “Papa Murphy’s 5 meat stuffed pizza.” That’s the first time I made it. That was 10 years ago. I just made it again.
Meat Lovers Stuffed Crust Pizza
This is truly one of the best pizza’s I’ve made over the years. A slice will fill most people up. It loaded with meat; Hamburger, Hot Italian Sausage, Bacon, Ham and Pepperoni. It’s not a heart attack on a plate. You just eat sensibly. The flavor is outstanding and each meat choice is a standout! It takes a little more effort to make but it’s worth the effort. I’ll hold your hand so you don’t have to do it alone:)
- 2 rounds of dough from the Best Pizza Dough
- 3 Hot Italian Sausages; casing removed
- 5 oz Ground Beef
- 8 slices Bacon
- 4 oz Sliced Pepperoni
- 1 pkg (10 oz) Sliced Ham
- Pizza sauce or Red Pasta Sauce
- Pizza Pan
- 3 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded (buy it in brick form and then shred it, as it melts better)
- 1/4 cup of chopped tomato
- Preheat Oven to 375° (You could use a pizza stone for this but it’s a deep pizza and you might have trouble sliding it onto the stone. I don’t have a paddle to do that as I just use a large cutting board:) If using a stone preheat to 450°
- Prep Work:
– take casings off hot Italian sausage and fry ( you can buy it without casing)
– fry up hamburger
– cook bacon and chop
– chop up ham slices
– slice pepperoni slices in quarters (I bought mine sliced from the deli)
– Shred Mozzarella Cheese
- Roll out your lightly floured pizza dough on a lightly greased surface. Transfer it to a greased pizza pan. I used one that has small holes in the bottom. Either kind works fine
**NOTE** Pull the dough so it is about 1″ over the edge of the pizza pan. When you put the top layer of dough on the top, you’ll want the extra dough to pull up over the top to form a closed crust
- Smother the dough with pizza sauce
- Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheese over sauce
- Sprinkle with cooked sausage
- Scatter sliced ham over the sausage layer
- Scatter the quartered pieces of pepperoni over the ham layer
- Sprinkle the cooked hamburger over the pepperoni layer ** Keep 1/4 cup for sprinkling on the top of the pizza
- Sprinkle Cooked bacon pieces over the hamburger ** Keep 2 slices of chopped bacon for top of pizza
It’s looking pretty thick now and delicious.
- Roll second ball of dough out thinly on a lightly greased surface. As you pull it gently off the counter, it will stretch a little. Gently place it on top of the pizza. Take the dough from underneath and roll to form the edge crust.
- Scatter chopped tomato over the top of the crust.
- Scatter the rest of the Mozzarella cheese over the top
- Sprinkle the remaining hamburger and bacon over the top
- Slide into the oven.
This pizza will cook at 375° for 25-35 minutes. It’s a thick pizza so you cook it at a lower temperature for a longer period of time. I using a stone cook for about 20 minutes and then start checking on it. Like I said, it’s thicker so you cook it longer at a lower temperature
Well worth the time. It’s delicious!
Send a picture to show me what your’s looks like. If you liked this post, please like and share!
Want to remember this? Post How to Make Stuffed Crust Meat Lovers Pizza to your favorite Pinterest board!
Latest posts by Homemade by cheryl (see all)
- 15 Meals to make from Grilled Chicken - July 17, 2019
- PRIME DAY DEALS FOR GALS (and guys) THAT COOK AND CRAFT - July 15, 2019
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting - July 12, 2019