This post contains affiliates. To learn more about this read my Disclaimer.
How to make Yummy Bunny Munch
It’s getting close to Easter! Here’s a simple treat that will ensure the Easter Bunny comes to your house…..maybe even leave eggs hidden to be found! I’m sure this treat will be something everyone likes, so make lots so there’s enough left for all the big bunnies to munch on. Stay for a few minutes and learn how to make yummy Bunny Munch!
This is a really simple recipe to make and is family friendly too. If working with smaller people, take a few extra minutes to organize the toppings in small bowls for easy access when assembling your yummy Bunny Munch!
Realistically all the toppings can be found at Joann’s , Michaels or Walmart (remember to use your coupons at Joann & Michaels)
- 1 Cup Easter Chocolate M&M’s
- 1 Cup of popcorn kernels
- Air popper or 3 lunch sized paper bags
- 1/4 Cup of pearl pastel candies (I got mine at a bulk store)
- 1 pkg of Wilton Spring Sprinkles Michaels
- 1 pkg Wilton Candy Melts (12 oz) or 1 pkg of White Chocolate chips
- 1 White Cake Mix
- 3 Cups pf Pretzel Sticks
- 2 XL Bowls – (If you don’t have a large bowls, a foil roasting pan from the dollar store would work just fine)
- Party Treat Bags (if there is any leftover to give away!)
- Pour 1/2 cup of kernels in air popper. Pop and then repeat with other 1/2 cup.
- Microwave Method Pour 1/3 Cup of popcorn kernels in each paper bag. Roll rim over twice and put each one in the microwave for 2-3 minutes (listen for popping and when it has slowed way down, take it out to prevent burning) Repeat for other two bags. Get rid of old maids (those who haven’t popped)
- Divide popcorn into 2 extra large bowls
- Add 1.5 cups of pretzel sticks to each bowl.
- Divide the melting wafers or white chocolate chips into 2 bowls. Microwave 1 bowl for 1 minute on high, stir and add additional time until they are all melted when stirred
- Drizzle melted chocolate over 1 bowl of popcorn, tossing as you go. Hold a few tablespoons back
- Sprinkle with 3-4 tablespoons of white cake mix, again, tossing.
- Drizzle with the rest of the melted chocolate
- Scatter 1/2 the M&M’s, Pearl candies and sprinkle with 1/2 the package of Spring Sprinkles, tossing as you go
- Repeat with other bowl of popcorn
My test kitchen proclaimed this yummy…maybe nummy was in there too so the overall consensus was more please!
Have fun making this as a fun family activity too. It should make 8-10 treat bags…..well if any makes it that far! If you loved this post, please pin and share!