This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about this, read my Disclaimer.
Yummy Cheeseburger Salad
I love hamburgers, cheeseburgers take it over the top! Do you remember the iconic SNL clip about cheeseburgers made famous by John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd. When I think of this yummy cheeseburger salad, that’s what came to my mind. And what about the bun? Add a slice of Focaccia bread or pizza breadsticks if need be.
In a job I had years ago, I was the Burger Girl. When I first started there we went for lunch as a group the first Friday. There was this burger on the menu that was awesome looking, really filled with so many great toppings. When I ordered it, my boss said, “If you can eat all of that, I’ll pay for it” So, I. ate. it. It was delicious but I ended up with a bit of a food coma about 2:00 that afternoon (He didn’t pay for it BTW) but the memory and flavors have stayed with me. My youngest son says that you can never really go wrong with ordering the burger on a menu, no matter where you are. I haven’t tested that theory yet, but he stands on it.
My sister was doing Whole30 last year and told me about the burger salad she had made. We love to talk about recipes and food that we love. I tried the concept but was doing Keto, so added more yumminess. Cheese, bacon, sautéed mushrooms in butter and ranch (or blue cheese) dressing makes it the ultimate cheeseburger salad. I was craving it so made it for lunch today. Not only great with layers of flavor but it’s pretty too!
- Romain or iceberg lettuce
- Hamburger (I just fried it with salt and pepper, no need for a burger)
- Garlic (powder or cloves)
- Cheddar Cheese
- Dill Pickles
- Red Onion (or white, it’s a preference)
- Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing
- Yellow Mustard
- fry hamburger; drain and set aside
- slice mushrooms; sauté in butter with garlic; set aside
**Note** Serving the salad with warm hamburger takes it to a new level
- fry bacon until crisp, pat with paper towel and set aside (you can also do it in the oven)chop coarsely
Look at all those yummy toppings. How can you go wrong?
- Chop tomatoes, pickles, onion and cheese.
- Wash lettuce; chop in bite sized pieces
- Mix together 1/4 cup of dressing with 1 TBSP of yellow mustard
- In a medium bowl, mix together ingredients. Toss with dressing.
This salad is great, especially if you’re following the KETO diet. A real yummy treat!