This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about this, read my Disclaimer
Yummy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
The title hasn’t missed anything has it? They’re yummy, they have peanut butter, oatmeal and chocolate in them. Lots of chocolate and to take it over the top they have mini Peanut Butter Cups, Reese’s Pieces and Peanut Butter M&M’s. Yeah, and boy howdy, does it take it to the next level! So yes, Yummy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies is a long title, but they deserve your attention!
A number of years ago a friend stopped by with some cookies and they were delicious. I asked for the recipe and she shared. It actually came from Country Crock spread. I have tweaked it a bit, but they’re soft, full of flavor and loads of texture. If you add some chopped nuts I think it qualifies for breakfast! I use butter and more vanilla and usually add chopped walnuts to the recipe but as the recipe came from one of those “fake butter spreads” there are alternates you can use for the butter.
Let’s get on to the cookies….
As I said before, they are a favorite of my family and to all I’ve shared them with. Their texture, size and thickness reminds me of Cowboy Cookies I used to make years ago. They are filled with terrific flavors and exploding with chocolate/peanut butter goodness! Not lying, they’re wonderful. Let’s get baking and fill the cookies jar with them!
Before we get started let’s talk a little about the ingredients.
Make sure your butter is soft which ideally should be left on the counter for a few hours. It might require you to soften it in the microwave (do this very carefully as it can go liquid before you know it) You might have a soften button or just do on defrost for 30 seconds at a time, making sure you press your finger into it to test. As I said above, you can use margarine or spreads for this recipe and it will turn out fine. I prefer butter for baking.
Use regular peanut butter, creamy not chunky. Chunky tends to make your cookies dry. Don’t use all-natural peanuts butter as they tend to make your cookies crumble and give them a sandy texture.
Peanut Butter Cups:
I used the Reese’s Mini’s and quartered them. I added them to the cookies after baking because when I tested them they melted and you couldn’t tell what they were when added before. They add a nice look to the top and melt a little from the heat of the cookies.
Other Add Ins:
I also added additional Peanut Butter M&M’s as well as Reese’s Pieces I had in my baking stash (leftover from Caramel Apples Post) These are totally optional but add some fun crunch and taste. Chopped Walnuts are another favorite, although I didn’t add them this time:)
- Basic Cookie Ingredients (flour, sugars, butter, salt, baking soda and powder, oatmeal)
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini Reese Peanut Butter Cups
- Reese’s Pieces
- Mixer (Optional; but I used a Bosch Kitchen Mixer)
- Baking Pans
- Parchment Paper
- Cookie Scoop
- Gather ingredients
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Cream together Butter, Peanut Butter and sugars. Mix until creamy and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well incorporated.
- Mix Dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
- Add slowly to wet ingredients until mixed
- Add chocolate chips, m&m’s and Reese’s Pieces and gently mix together
- Line baking sheets with parchment (If you don’t have any that’s fine. Do not grease baking sheets)
- With medium cookie scoop (or 2 TBSP of cookies dough) drop spoonfuls onto the baking sheets, spacing evenly. These are large cookies so about 8 per pan works well
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Chop Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter cups in thirds and quarters
- Remove cookies from oven and top with 3-4 pieces of peanut butter cups
- After a few minutes, move carefully to cooling racks (or countertop lined with paper towel)
- Enjoy your Yummy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Milk:)
Have fun making these delicious cookies. One bite and you’ll be smiling, I know it!
Want to remember this? Post Yummy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board!